Saturday, November 6, 2010

Letter to Leann Rimes


Hey Y'all so normally celebrity gossip wouldn't be part of an Advocate- Activist blog about changing the world etc. But this particular blog is a little bit about changing yourself.
It the recent news Leann Rimes has been splashed across Tabloids penned a " homewrecker" a "Stalker" and a slew of other names. Women throwing the first stones and casting all types of blame etc on her. If you don't know the story let me refresh your memory. Leann Rimes and Actor Eddie Cibrian were filming a movie together and fell in love (so they say). Both of them were married at the time of their meeting and Eddie has children involved as well.
The two of the split from their significant others and ended up getting together. A year and a half later their divorces are final the two of them live together and the story has gotten a lot more play due to the two of them taking a more active role in the public by trying to plead their side.
So here is my letter to Leann Rimes:


Dear Leann,
I don't CARE about your life, or the things that you do in your private time. I don't know the story behind what happened to you and Eddie and I don't care. I understand that people might have gotten hurt in the backlash but to be honest that is life.
What annoys me is that your life has now become the front page news, when more pertinent problems are occurring. Such as the Hurricane in Haiti and the Caribbean, Riots in Oakland, the fact that our country just wen through one of the biggest political swings in politics in A LONG time etc.
It's not that I don't think learning about other people's lives is interesting it's simply that I have other things to do in my life and with my time than to be focused on your life and the mistakes you make or don't make. And to be honest the biggest reason I don't care is because, well, People make mistakes and we are human and things like your life happen everyday and no one expects there to be this huge year long battle over it: I mean look at Tori and Dean their marriage is built off of the same start yours is. They met on a set and fell in love. Dean was still married and had kids. And they are now happy and that is the last thing people talk about. And if you all recall the "Brangelina" scandal.. Brad was married to Jennifer Aniston and the tabloids didn't spend nearly as much time casting stones of tossing blame.
I think it is outrageous how many women are the first to blow up on this situation without realizing or acknowledging that we do this to each other everyday. That women and men find someone to love and then like that they move on to the next one. Does it hurt, yes, but is it our business? NO! So to you Leann Rimes,
I'd like to tell you I don't care, because I simply don't. But more importantly I don't care because your life is not mine and I don't feel that it is anybody's business but yours and the people who are directly involved. I'd like to say that maybe one day we'd get used to it.. but to be honest this is the price that gets paid as a celeb.

Sincerely,
A person who has more things interesting to do than focus on your love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment