Wednesday, June 30, 2010

There are some things that we must not be too quick to forget...




It is my opinion that long-term sustainable engagement is the only way in which we can really make change in the communities around us. The video above this is close to my heart because typically we push so hard to serve directly after disasters, but years out our we suffer from some sort of short-term memory loss. I have mentioned before that New Orleans is deeply imbedded in my heart. You must understand that New Orleans is still a long way away from being "back to normal." It also reminds me that the short- attention span that we have will also impact the way in which we serve Haiti. It is my job to make sure that we remember our obligations as a community, as a friend, as a member of this United States.
Listening to this man's story and his joy and deep appreciation of the crew that helped him is the exact reason I want to be an advocacte for causes like these. What is your cause? #BETHECHANGE

No comments:

Post a Comment